Sunday, March 10, 2013

We Have Arrived

A New Chapter

6 hours after our departure from Laconia I see it. "Welcome to New York". Hardly containing my excitement I grab Haley's arm and point at the sign. I can already picture the street vendors selling sausage and pretzels. Clusters of people waiting at crosswalks. Cars honking irritably at each other. I can picture my future home. Already feeling a sense of belonging, I patiently wait for the bus to stop.  Every step towards the exit reveals a new aspiration; Cooking for celebrities, writing news articles for NBC, owning my own restaurant below Rockefeller Center. These goals feel more feasible every minute. The skyscrapers remind me how any idea can become a reality. All the crowds of people bring to mind how I am not the only person with hopes and dreams. After a few moments I look to Haley, and I can sense her enthusiasm as well. After checking my bag full of supplies I decide I am ready to begin my tour of New York.



No comments:

Post a Comment