Sunday, March 10, 2013

Lasting Friendships

Dear Journal,

I'll admit I am not one of the most popular kids in school. I used to be afraid of people seeing me, because I could hardly look at myself. My father made me feel ashamed of myself for being creative, and not being athletic. It has only been a few hours in New York, but all these people I have become friends with, make me appreciate myself. I finally understand that there are so many creative people in the world. I just needed to find them. I could talk to these people about anything whether it was cooking, writing, or even... poetry. I wish I had known 4 months ago, when my dad asked my mom for a divorce, that I would have friends who would support me through anything. I know I will truly enjoy this experience, and be able to forget about my worries because of them. I will always be thankful for the memories.

Sincerely,

Cody Aubin North

No comments:

Post a Comment